Sunday, March 28, 2010

LOVE. WEAR. RETURN




A few weeks ago I came across a web site, RentTheRunway.com. The website was launched a few months ago by two young women trying to make it in the fashion world. They have dresses from designers like Alice + Olivia to Robert Rodriguez. You can rent the dress for four days or eight days depending on how long you need and and if you aren't sure about the size you get a back up size free! After looking at all the dresses I finally ordered an Emerald Green Thread Social dress for my boyfriends sisters wedding and I can't wait to wear it!

Another great thing about this web page is that they have a blog. The two women who started the website talk fashion and fun ideas and even have contests to get the readers coming back, very smart!


Matthew Williamson

THREAD SOCIAL

Herve Leger

The website does have a wait list to join but you should be able to join within two weeks at the most! I have sent an email out to all my fashion fabulous girl in Social Media for PR so get to renting! :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

This is wonderful! Great to know. Also, I think it’s interesting how this fashion website is incorporating word of mouth marketing by having a blog. Just as we’ve been learning about in class, it is becoming increasingly important for consumers to have opinions from others before purchasing (or in this case, renting) a product. This is a great idea, and I’m surprised no one has come up with it before. I look forward to seeing how much coverage this website gets and if any others will try to emulate the idea.

Mikkayla said...

I agree with Julie that this is a great idea!! I hadn't really heard much about renting clothing/handbags until Louise (Jennifer Hudson) in Sex and the City mentions Bagborroworsteal.com which she refers to as the "Netflix for purses." These companies seem to be doing well in our not so hot economy. The idea is pure genius, because every girl wants to carry the hottest purse or wear a fierce dress. However our funds don't always allow us these opportunities. Hopefully Rent the Runway is able to gain additional clients from their social media presence.

Michelle said...

I know is it not amazing!? I have been ordering like crazy.. Now it is even more dangerous because they have Jewelry. The pieces rent range from $15-$100 depending on how much the piece retail values for! I recommend this site to EVERYONE! If anyone is interested in getting an internship with rent the runway they will be on the UT campus May 7-10 recruiting. Go to their website for more information! :)