Sunday, February 7, 2010

Don't Cry In Front of Kelly Cutrone


Kelly Cutrone: If You Have To Cry Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You

Want to make it in this insane, hectic, beautiful, unforgiving world of Fashion PR? Who doesn’t?

The Queen of Fashion PR, Kelly Cutrone, has written a book on how to make it in the PR industry and dealing with sexism. This book is a rude awakening and a girls guide to power.

Ms. Cutrone has a no-holding back personality and will always tell you what’s on her mind. We were first introduced to her as the Whitney Ports love-to-hate boss on the Hills and she now has her own show on Bravo, Kell on Earth.

As a single mom and one of the most powerful women on the PR scene in New York City she is truly a role model to anyone girl hoping to make it. I read a great quote the other day about Kelly’s take on the future of the Media and I couldn’t agree with her more.

Here are Kelly Cutrone’s thoughts on ‘Dopey Bloggers’ and the future of Media

“I think that, the media as we know it, the world that we knew 5 or 10 years ago, just does not exist any more...I think it's the wild wild west and it's free game and who would have thought we'd pay five dollars for a coffee and get our news for free?...But my fear is that Twitter is the new American literature. Or I can only watch things on the Internet for 30 seconds, because that's all the viewer's going to watch on the Internet. It's a very, very bizarre time.”

3 comments:

Courtney Medford said...

Ok, I have always been wanting to watch this show. I have seen several ads for it on TV, but I couldn't make up mind whether they were trying to make Kelly appear meaner than she actually was just for a show. Maybe I was turned off by a scene in a commercial trailer where she wants anyone who cries to go outside. I don't believe you really have to be mean to be successful at your job. I should probably just watch the show once because it probably has some good insight and use it as a tool to see if I would be interested in doing something like that. Thanks for the post!

Sara Roberts said...

Courtney you must watch it! First of all i agree that "she is truly a role model to anyone girl hoping to make it". This woman is not to be messed with in the PR world. I have watched the show and read many articles on Kelly Cutrone and I think that if I was around her for one day I would learn everything there is to know about Fashion PR. I was just looking at her Twitter and she has even mastered the interactive way to use it. Though this may not be personally her, her twitter is answering people's questions, retweeting and publishing new information about her brand of Peoples Revolution. Standing ovation for Kelly Cutrone!

Michelle said...

Kelly Cutrone is amazing! Sad that the season is over but looking forward to next season and of course you can always watch her on The City! I have tweeted with Kelly's twitter a lot and even if it is not actually her they do an excellent job communicating back and forth!